Thanks to the Friends of the Bancroft Public Library:
Enjoy one family pass to the World Awareness Children’s Museum in downtown Glens Falls, NY. This pass is good for free unlimited admission for up to five people, and children under three years of age are always free. See www.worldchildrensmuseum.org for more information about the museum.
Enjoy two family passes to Hildene, The Lincoln Family Home, in Manchester, VT. Each of the two passes is good for the admission of a family of four to enjoy full access to all that Hildene has to offer. See www.hildene.org for more information about Hildene.
These passes are available to check out from the library.
Story Time Bags are available to bring the fun of story time to your home! Each bag has picture books, activities and materials.
Take your pick of six themes: Birds, Butterflies, Colors, Food, Senses and Tools. All you need to borrow them is a library card in our library system. They can be checked out for two weeks at a time.
Many thanks to the Friends of Bancroft Library for funding this project.
Our library continues to partner with Books in Kids' Hands as a pick-up/drop-off spot for the Preschool Book Bag program. This is a FREE book lending program for families with preschoolers who live in the Salem Central School District.
How the program works: The elementary school library has 90 bags with 10 books each, and the Bancroft Public Library has 10 bags with 10 books each (these bags will be rotated periodically).
Each bag contains a variety of age appropriate books. School district residents and their preschoolers can come to the elementary library or Bancroft Library and check out a bag of books.
When a family has checked out all 100 bags, their preschooler will have had 1,000 books read to them before they start school. It's a fantastic FREE resource for our community!
At the Bancroft Library...
1. Borrowing is always FREE. Find your next adult fiction or non-fiction book (including large print), audiobook, or DVD/Blu-ray in our collection of new titles and old favorites.
2. Young Adult books, DVDs/Blu-ray and graphic novels? Find them here. Middle readers? Come in and find a new favorite.
3. Young children? Browse our collection of children's books, DVDs/Blu-ray, and audiobooks. Our play area is a great place to bring your young children.
4. Can't find what you're looking for? The inter-library loan program expands what we can offer by bringing library materials to you from other libraries.
5. Interested in local news? Want to know what's happening in the world? We have local newspapers available and magazines for library reading.
6. E-reader? E-reader app on your smartphone? Download e-books and e-audiobooks through Overdrive. Return them without a fine! We're here to help you get set up.
7. We have FREE Wi-Fi available 24/7 and we have computers for public use. Need to print or copy? Scan? Fax? We can help.
8. Doing genealogical research? Link to our resources on the left side-bar under the heading Genealogy Resources. Our local archives are also available for researchers in our archives room.
9. Need tax forms during tax season? Find them here.